So I have a new addiction. Carrots. It's a great addiction and I'm excited about it. I came across a recipe that baked carrots and zucchini with salt and pepper and it was supposed to be awesome. It sure was.
I love sweet potato fries, but I know I really shouldn't eat a ton of them. I don't want to stray too far from Paleo by stuffing myself with them. But now with my carrot fries I don't have to feel guilty for eating a whole pan of them. (I've had them 3 times for a snack in 1 week...they are goooood).
So here is what I did. I like spicy and salty...so if you don't, just alter the amount of pepper or change the seasonings.
4 carrots, peeled and sliced into fries
Salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder to taste. ( I just sprinkled each over the top)
1. Preheat the oven to 415°
2. Peel and slice your carrots
3. Place foil onto baking sheet and coat pan and carrots in coconut oil.
4. Sprinkle seasonings over top.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes. (I mix them up with my spatula about 20 minutes into cooking)
6. Let cool. Taste. Re-season. Eat. Yum.
Best thing is...they are carrots.