Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gingerbread Snowmen Pancakes


I said it before and I'll say it again, I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I have never been into gingerbread in the past, but this year I can't stop searching the internet to make anything gingerbread. There's those pregnancy cravings for ya I guess.
So I was on a mission. Last night we took the kids to the store and I bought my molasses (had no idea what molasses were or where to find them since I've never needed to use them.) and some extra spices.  I woke up this morning and started mixing.

GINGERBREAD PALEO PANCAKES

1 ½ cups almond meal
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. ground cloves
3 eggs
¼ cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp. raw honey
2 Tbsp. molasses
Mix the dry ingredients first, then mix in the wet ingredients. Mix with a hand mixer for 1 – 2 minutes to blend well. Grease griddle or pan with coconut oil. Drop by ¼ cup on med-high heat. Flip pancake when the top begins to look dry.
I needed to share this awesome idea to get your kids into the holiday spirit (and yourself in the holiday spirit too actually!)Once the pancakes are made, add some dark chocolate chips to decorate (super fun for kids to do themselves...as long as they aren't like my 2 year old and will eat them instead of putting them on the pancake...he's a sneaky one!!!) and some coconut "snow" flakes at the bottom. If I was really good, I'd cook bacon and add that as a scarf around the neck...To my sons' demise, we didn't have that much time this morning though.
I don't know if I've mentioned that I also run a daycare and preschool from my home. We are learning about the Gingerbread Baby this week. So I'll definitely get my gingerbread fix with the projects we got going this week! YES! This will be a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment